What is This???


Hey, Shayna here. I am so many things but the overwhelming part of my identity right now is MOM. I have 4 very rambunctious, crazy, noisy, spirited children and while I enjoy a good girls night out or even the coveted adults only date nights, the majority of my time is spent with the family. I am starting this blog because I need more attention, I like to write, I want to log where we go and how easy or not easy it was to take the kids...aka "family friendly". This is not the same as "kid friendly". I have been to my share of kid friendly places that offer very (very) little for mom and dad. Just remember that my point system is highly influenced by a) my mood that day, b)the environmental conditions that only God controls (i.e. weather) and c)how much fighting there was in the car on the way to the location so this is very very very unscientific. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Bannack, MT ghost town

Bannack Montana
Overall Score: 7
Price: 8
Kid Friendly: 7
Parent Friendly: 8
Easy Access: 4





We are freaks....but the good kind. We really really like ghost towns. There is something about being able to "walk back in time" while still using the modern bathroom at the end of the day. Bannack MT is a great little (actually not that little) ghost town where you can actually walk through the old buildings. It is self guided but you do have
to pay an entrance fee (which I cannot remember exactly how much it was because my parents picked up the tab) but it wasn't that much (probably $5-$10 for our group. Up that hill behind us was a nice little cemetery as well (which we also love cemeteries...I know...freaks).
This was very kid friendly because they could actually go in (most) of the buildings and not just read the descriptions outside.

This is also parent (and grandparent) friendly for those who like ghost towns and old buildings that are falling apart.  It is a little ways off the beaten path (totally drivable in any vehicle) but not close to a "real town" so thats why I scored it low on accessibility. You basically have to want to be going there to find it, its definitely not something you just stumble upon. It is within a few hours of the Stoddards Creek area if you happen to be camping/riding there (which we were). 


No comments:

Post a Comment