What is This???


Hey, Shayna here. I am so many things but the overwhelming part of my identity right now is MOM. I have 4 very rambunctious, crazy, noisy, spirited children and while I enjoy a good girls night out or even the coveted adults only date nights, the majority of my time is spent with the family. I am starting this blog because I need more attention, I like to write, I want to log where we go and how easy or not easy it was to take the kids...aka "family friendly". This is not the same as "kid friendly". I have been to my share of kid friendly places that offer very (very) little for mom and dad. Just remember that my point system is highly influenced by a) my mood that day, b)the environmental conditions that only God controls (i.e. weather) and c)how much fighting there was in the car on the way to the location so this is very very very unscientific. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bear Lake, UT

Bear Lake (Utah side)
Overall Score: 8
Price: 8
Kid Friendly: 8
Parent Friendly: 8
Easy Access: 6




I love me some Idaho, but I am woman enough to admit that the Utah side of Bear Lake is wwwaaaaayyyyy better! This is the view coming off the hill on the drive from Logan to Bear Lake. It is this little aqua oasis after driving through one of the most beautiful canyons ever (Logan canyon). It is the kind of water that screams:
"GET IN ME RIGHT NOW" (in the summer) and I happily oblige.  It is about 3 hours away from our pueblo but we have easily made that into a day trip.  I gave the price an "8" but that could easily drop to a "2" if you stay anywhere near the beach and/or rent a cabin in the summer...and you can also spend a good chunk of money on food there if you don't pack it yourself (with the exception of La Beau's that has corn dogs for $1.50). Also if you have a craft buying problem or a farmers market addiction do not come to Bear Lake during the raspberry days festivities.



The beach is very sandy and the kids had a blast. One down side is that most of the beaches are privately owned, so you have to pay a fee if you want to play there for the day (or stay in one of their rooms) but there is a public beach if you keep driving past all of those ones. The public one is nothing fancy, but it does have bathrooms. Warning though that it gets pretty crowded on a nice warm Saturday so be prepared to  get too know your neighbors. 

The sand has tiny little shells all throughout it. The kids LOVE to collect these....and spill them all over the truck :(. I try to come prepared with extra thick baggies and bottles but I am usually cleaning out sand and shells for a week or so after a day trip. 


The water is warm...very warm and it has a very shallow slope so the kids can go pretty far before it gets very deep. This is nice if you have a baby that likes to dart off as fast as he can (I'm saying that for a friend in case DHS is reading this). 


After a long day swimming you have to (I'm not kidding, you actually have to) get a raspberry milkshake from La Beau's. (Yes I am a La Beau's snob, and they didn't pay me to say that but I wouldn't reject the offer...hint hint). You are welcome to get the other flavors as well....and I do, but it would be a shame (a crying shame) to not try the raspberry milkshake. 












No comments:

Post a Comment