What is This???


Hey, Shayna here. I am so many things but the overwhelming part of my identity right now is MOM. I have 4 very rambunctious, crazy, noisy, spirited children and while I enjoy a good girls night out or even the coveted adults only date nights, the majority of my time is spent with the family. I am starting this blog because I need more attention, I like to write, I want to log where we go and how easy or not easy it was to take the kids...aka "family friendly". This is not the same as "kid friendly". I have been to my share of kid friendly places that offer very (very) little for mom and dad. Just remember that my point system is highly influenced by a) my mood that day, b)the environmental conditions that only God controls (i.e. weather) and c)how much fighting there was in the car on the way to the location so this is very very very unscientific. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Yellowstone National Park

Yellowstone
Overall Score: 9
Price: 10
Kid Friendly: 7
Parent Friendly: 9
Easy Access: 8

Yellowstone is a pretty well known National Park and every year they do a free day! This year it was drizzly and a little cold but that didn't stop us from having a great time! (In fact,
it probably helped since it wasn't very crowded at all). The park has tons of geo-thermal sites to walk around, not just Old Faithful. Warning though: the rotten egg smell was strong depending on if we were upwind or downwind and the boardwalks do not have railings so some very graphic "you will die instantly" talks were made at every stop. 



The baby cared more about playing with me than actually watching Old Faithful but thats ok. He also didn't complain about the smell!

The drive to the park was not hard, but it is remote if you wanted to fly into a major airport. This is definitely more of a road trip experience. We did see Elk, Birds, and Buffalo (lots of buffalo) but no Bears :(. 




There are so many different types of geo thermal "ponds" it was crazy. The colors and shapes were all different and Drew and I found ourselves trying to capture the colors on our phones (which never turns out as vivid as it does in real life). I would definitely call this place parent friendly. It is also a great place to talk to you kids about different cultures and languages (lots of foreign tourists there and lets just say that our corner of Idaho is NOT the melting pot of the country so this was a good opportunity). 












No comments:

Post a Comment