What is This???


Hey, Shayna here. I am so many things but the overwhelming part of my identity right now is MOM. I have 4 very rambunctious, crazy, noisy, spirited children and while I enjoy a good girls night out or even the coveted adults only date nights, the majority of my time is spent with the family. I am starting this blog because I need more attention, I like to write, I want to log where we go and how easy or not easy it was to take the kids...aka "family friendly". This is not the same as "kid friendly". I have been to my share of kid friendly places that offer very (very) little for mom and dad. Just remember that my point system is highly influenced by a) my mood that day, b)the environmental conditions that only God controls (i.e. weather) and c)how much fighting there was in the car on the way to the location so this is very very very unscientific. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Wrebbit 3D puzzle- White House

White House 3D puzzle
Overall: 6
Price: 5
Kid Friendly: 5
Parent Friendly: 8
Easy Access: 8

Drew may or may not have an addiction to WeeBee Toys in town and last week he came home with this puzzle. He thought it would be a good opportunity to talk with the kids about our countries process of peaceful change of power. These puzzles by the way are not
your standard dollar store puzzle....in my opinion they are pricey! The good news is that it took us a whole week to complete so if you break the price down by the hour, its not a bad deal.


Everyone was gung-ho about starting and we thought it would take us 1, maybe 2 days max. The pieces have a foam backing on them so they are easy for little hands to pick up and they are a little more sturdy that regular puzzle pieces so it was harder for my kids to bend them......which is a good thing!





By the end of night one, we had the pieces separated into various piles and had even started on some of the structures.



And then this happened. This is pretty much the scene for the next several days....me sitting at the table to do the puzzle with an occasional helper stopping by. In my opinion, the White House has too many *&$%@# windows that ALL look the same. It was very tedious work. 

Finally last night (inauguration day) we decided we just had to get this puzzle done. We rallied the troops and it was nice because we were able to have the news on in the background and we talked actually did talk with the kids about what a great country we live in. We talked about how there are lots of countries that don't get to have a say in what is done and who is in charge. This led to lots of questions like "how many countries have kings" and "how many countries are there in the world" which in turn led to lots of google searches. 



We even conned  I mean invited my cousins over to help us get it done. We lured them with talk of sitting in the hot tub but had them help us with a "quick" project first. 



There she is! She's a Beaut! Yes the columns look like they could go at any time but it is surprisingly difficult to get those tiny little pegs in the tiny little holes. I am not sure this was a great "family" activity but I did enjoy seeing it all done and we might even get another one in the near future for Drew and I to do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment