What is This???


Hey, Shayna here. I am so many things but the overwhelming part of my identity right now is MOM. I have 4 very rambunctious, crazy, noisy, spirited children and while I enjoy a good girls night out or even the coveted adults only date nights, the majority of my time is spent with the family. I am starting this blog because I need more attention, I like to write, I want to log where we go and how easy or not easy it was to take the kids...aka "family friendly". This is not the same as "kid friendly". I have been to my share of kid friendly places that offer very (very) little for mom and dad. Just remember that my point system is highly influenced by a) my mood that day, b)the environmental conditions that only God controls (i.e. weather) and c)how much fighting there was in the car on the way to the location so this is very very very unscientific. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Children's Museum of Phoenix

Phoenix Children's Museum
Overall Score:4
Price: 2
Kid Friendly: 9
Parent Friendly: 2
Easy Access: 10

Ok, so I know that it is a whole museum dedicated to children but......I do not think I will be back. The problem with things that are overtly kid friendly is that they are usually totally crowded with people just like me...lots of energetic kids looking for an outlet. It was just too
crowded, and it wasn't a super cold day so what were all of those people doing indoors? (I wonder if they were thinking that about me??) The place is definitely ideal for children to be creative and explore. 
This was a huge jungle gym type thing and I would say that the majority of our time was spent here. It does get quite narrow at the top and is uncomfortable to navigate when I had to go "rescue" one of the kids. 

They did have activities for both the older kids and the younger kids which was nice. A lot of the activities were very hands on as well.  But for the price we paid, I expected to walk out with a new lego set for each kid! If there were about 1,000 less people there and if I only had one child to dote on  and enjoy then I bet I would have liked it, but since that is not my life, I doubt we will be going back anytime soon. It was a good solid 3 hours of trying to keep track of 4 kids in a sea of other kids while also trying to "help" each one of them with the activities. We ended up going to the park during that trip and sad to say...enjoyed it a lot more. 







No comments:

Post a Comment