What is This???


Hey, Shayna here. I am so many things but the overwhelming part of my identity right now is MOM. I have 4 very rambunctious, crazy, noisy, spirited children and while I enjoy a good girls night out or even the coveted adults only date nights, the majority of my time is spent with the family. I am starting this blog because I need more attention, I like to write, I want to log where we go and how easy or not easy it was to take the kids...aka "family friendly". This is not the same as "kid friendly". I have been to my share of kid friendly places that offer very (very) little for mom and dad. Just remember that my point system is highly influenced by a) my mood that day, b)the environmental conditions that only God controls (i.e. weather) and c)how much fighting there was in the car on the way to the location so this is very very very unscientific. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Rockies Stadium: Denver Colorado

Coors Field: Rockies Game


Overall Score: 8
Price: 7
Kid Friendly: 7
Parent Friendly: 10
Easy access: 7



What can I say? I love the Rockies! (I loved them a little bit more when my Toddy played for them). Baseball is one sport that I actually love to watch (in person.....on tv is horrible) more than I love to play. I love the smell of the hot dogs (but only if I haven't watched one of those horrible food documentaries recently) and the sound of the crowd. I love love love the 7th inning stretch and singing "Take me out to the ball game". I love the bloopers they show in-between innings and I love the fresh air (mostly, thanks for nothing pot legalization). While baseball itself is very slow, the park environment and the games that they play make it go by fast. 



 Hard to see in this pic, but there is a playground for the kids to play on. Cons: super tiny, like bite size tiny when you think of how many kids are there at the game. Pros: its there, and gaited so you can go in...but you can't leave bwa haha....just kidding. You can leave, but its easier to keep track of the kids.
 Seating is fairly generous. We actually splurged on this trip and got the seats with the backs! (yes, I am super cheap). Normally we sit in the "rock pile" and seats are $4, but if they are playing a "lesser" team (no offense Diamondbacks) you can get a good deal on the "upgraded" seats. Also, kids 2 and under are free. When the baby was super little and we had the stroller (and it was a less crowded game) we could get the front row handicapped seating so we could fit the stroller. (NO I did not kick some sweet grannie out of her spot). Speaking of cost, you do need to pay for parking...or walk a very long ways. When Drew was going to school downtown we would park at his school and take the free bus (which the kids thought was an added bonus) but now that we have real jobs, we only park a 1/2 a mile away (movin' on up!).
 Call me crazy, but I prefer the nosebleed section. There is room to spread out, you can leave your seat as much as you want (no waiting between innings), and the food guys don't come up as much which means that you don't have to fight your kids over cotton candy as much. Speaking of food....you can bring your own food! Like tons of it! I have literally cooked brats at home and "brought" (hehe) them with me. There are some guidelines (http://mlb.mlb.com/col/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=security) so look at those before you pack your dinner.
Overall this is a great family friendly place. There is enough stimulation (and food) for the kids and enough nostalgia for the adults!

No comments:

Post a Comment